Here are some of the highlights from the summer:
- June 2: Preached a message at Providence on the state of Christian unity in Idaho Falls.
- June 5: Ministry luncheon at the City of Refuge (15 ministry leaders)
- June 9: Wayne Gould shared his testimony at Providence
- June 20: Tour of the Christian churches in American Falls, Pocatello, and Blackfoot
- June 22: The IFRM Works Program performed ministry yard care for the Salvation Army
- June 26-29: Impact 360 teen mission trip with IFRM
- July 1: Hike with the Bob Jones University Western Missions Team
- July 3: Preaching at Red Cliff Bible Camp for their 45th anniversary
- July 4: Led in prayer before the beginning of the Idaho Falls Parade
- July 12-13: Gethsemane Christian School Reunion
- July 19-20: Took IFRM WP group to the Men’s Outing @ 7N Ranch
- August 10: Attended Pastor Calvin Winslow’s funeral
- August 18: Providence had Sunday service in our backyard
- August 19: Led in prayer at Wayne & Sandy’s wedding
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are a couple of ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
Once again, our four young-adult children have jumped into the pool of academia. Elon is enrolled in the MBA program at Idaho State University and hoping to be accepted in the Scholarship for Service program through NIATEC in January 2020. Hannah is back at Bob Jones University to finish her senior year for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Mariah begins her junior year at the University of Idaho with a double major in philosophy and sociology (criminology emphasis) and a double minor in justice studies and journalism. We think she would like to be a judge someday. And our high school football player, Micaiah, is tackling a full load of AP classes for his senior year at Skyline High School.
- Pray for our family, my wife and kids.
- Pray for our little church plant, Providence Downtown Church.
- Pray for the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission.
- Pray for the advancement of Christ’s Kingdom in East Idaho.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Spending time with IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, and counsel, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in our city and the region.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)