Here are some of the highlights from May:
- May 1: Noon ministry luncheon at the City of Refuge – 22 Christian leaders in attendance as we focused on the topic of discipleship.
- May 2: National Day of Prayer – morning community prayer breakfast at First Presbyterian Church; noon worship and prayer at the downtown County Courthouse steps; East Idaho Pastors Coalition (EIPC) meeting
- May 4: Men’s breakfast at Berean Baptist Church; Taco fundraiser for New Life Family Worship Center at CrossPoint
- May 7: The Legacy Project at Falls Baptist Church
- May 14: Upper Valley Pastors Breakfast at South Fork Outdoorsmen Church
- May 15: Fellowship with Pastor Oscar Perdomo
- May 17: IFRM Works Program fellowship dinner and fun in St. Anthony, Idaho
- May 18: Officiated in Ian Ramsey’s funeral
- May 19: Ministry at the Bonneville County Jail
- May 22: Lunch at First Christian Church
- May 24: Attended the funeral of another friend at First Presbyterian Church
- May 31: Attended the Eastern Idaho Prophecy Conference at Watersprings Church
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are a couple of ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of May, I received $1,500 in monthly support. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
Summer is here! We have three of our kids with us during the summer. All of them are working–Elon as a financial officer at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, Mariah as a server for Plum Loco and Famous Dave’s, and Micaiah in the lawn mowing business. Our other daughter, Hannah, is working as a Christian counselor at Camp Eagle in Texas. Thank you for your love and prayers for our family. And may you all have a great summer!
- Pray for one of the brothers who became a Christian in January and was baptized on March 23. He will be sharing his testimony this next Sunday at Providence Downtown Church.
- Pray for the five men who are in the IFRM Works Program. This is a Christian discipleship period of six to seven months.
- Pray as I connect with pastors to encourage them. We have launched the East Idaho Pastors Coalition.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Spending time with IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, and counsel, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in our city and the region.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)