Hi. My name is Elon Todd Wood. People call me by my middle name. I live in the river city of Idaho Falls. Actually, I was born in an LDS hospital that used to be on the bank along this great Snake River. This is my home. God has called me to be a cross-cultural missionary in bringing His gracious gospel, loving truth, healing prayers, compassionate mercy, and pastoral counsel to those who are marginalized in Southeast Idaho. I am team tagging in servant ministry with Pastor Warren Cuppy as we minister through Providence Downtown Church.
- Providence East (420 Northgate Mile) – 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoons in the yellow-front Valerie Hall next door to the North HiWay Cafe
- Providence West (830 Park Avenue) 7:00 pm on Wednesday evenings in the window-glass-front New Destiny Ministries hub next to the City of Refuge. God is good.
- We believe in one holy God over all creation who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that we inherited our sinful nature and that we are reconciled to our loving God by the grace of God alone, through faith alone, in Jesus alone.
- We believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life and that no one comes to the Father except through faith in Jesus.
- We believe the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is God’s inspired, inerrant Word whereby the Holy Spirit teaches us how to be right and live right before our good God.
- We believe that all men and women trusting in Jesus as God and Savior are brought together as one spiritual family through the Holy Spirit and able to truly love the Father and one another.
- We believe we are a united light for Jesus in a broken world until the Son comes again to make everything new.
- Sunday – 4:00 pm, Providence corporate worship in song, prayer, word, and fellowship (Valerie Hall)
- Sunday – every 3rd & 5th Sundays, Providence afternoon ministry (Bonneville County Jail)
- Monday – 10:00 am, Providence elders’ meeting (Warren Cuppy’s home); 7:00 pm, Providence small group (Warren Cuppy’s home)
- Wednesday – 7:00 pm, Providence corporate worship in song, prayer, word, and fellowship (New Destiny Ministries hub)
- Tuesday – 8:00 am Bible Study @ the Ruth House; 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm community prayer meeting @ the City of Refuge
- Thursday – 8:00 am Bible Study @ the City of Refuge
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the river, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
In times of doubt, or sadness, I celebrate the existence of the Christian Faith in its ritual, and its deep fellowship. If that is where you place your trust, trust that this faith will come to you, and to everyone, at God’s pace, no matter in how much you try to get there first. Peace is with you and within you, and no, I am not a Gnostic — I truly just offered a long prayer for you to find what you need, but please,spend lots of time before you ask!
Hi Todd Wood. It’s an old classmate from college days, Mark Barilla. I just found your blog page sitting in my bed here in Cameroon, Africa. Thanks for being faithful.
Bro, great to see this note! Praise God for your service for the King in Cameroon.