Our ministry engines have been moving at full capacity. Providence Downtown Church initiated a weekly evening Tuesday night small group at one of the local downtown Mexican restaurants, Plum Loco. The Idaho Falls Rescue Mission has eight small group Bible studies taking place each week for the residents. And to add one more dimension, the Idaho state director for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association asked if I would consider being a volunteer church coordinator in our region. I will be submitting an application. God is good. I am blessed to be a missionary servant in Idaho for the King of kings.
Here are some of the highlights from October:
- October 3: Ministry luncheon for the pastors and ministry leaders at the City of Refuge
- October 5: Slept in a Walmart parking lot in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- October 7: Attended the morning worship service of Real Life Church in Moscow. Spent a second night in a Walmart parking lot in Moscow, Idaho
- October 10: Spent the third night in a Walmart parking lot in Idaho Falls, Idaho. This time advertising “World Homeless Day”.
- October 11: IFRM staff and works program breakfast. Pastor Garen Pay from Hope Lutheran Church shared a devotion.
- October 13: Preached in the morning service at Emmaus Road Church.
- October 16: Water baptism service downtown in the river for three men.
- October 21: Afternoon ministry to 30 men in the Bonneville County Jail
- October 23: “Warriors for Truth” pastors’ fellowship (6 pastors)
- October 25: Gideon’s Pastors Appreciation Banquet (sixteen church families represented)
- October 28: Listened to Pastor Jason Herring, chaplain for Stanton Healthcare; water baptism service downtown in the river for one man.
- October 30: Launched our first Providence Downtown Church small group.
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are three ways: (1) Send the contribution to my home church, Emmaus Road Church, and mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”; (2) Address mission support to Providence Downtown Church in care of my name as well, or (3) You are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of October, I received $1,176 in monthly support. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
My wife and I took a quick weekend trip up to the University of Idaho to see our daughter, Mariah. We celebrated her birthday.
- Pray that I might be able to increase my monthly mission support.
- Pray for three men in the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission Works Program. Two of the men will be graduating on November 17.
- Pray for God’s strength to uphold men and women when they fall to temptation.
- Pray for the Wood family: my wife and four grown children.
- Pray for effective ministry during the upcoming holiday season.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Discipling IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, counsel, Biblical preaching, and teaching, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the local pastors and church families.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)
Hello, I’m a pastor in Boston and am wondering if you would give me your e-mail address in order to communicate personally about something. Thanks. –Colin Landry 857 231 2127