Here are some of the highlights from April:
- April 3: Officiated in a home wedding and their renewal of vows; noon ministry luncheon at the City of Refuge
- April 4: East Idaho Pastors Coalition (EIPC) meeting
- April 5: Led in prayer for the open house of the new First Street Thrift for IFRM
- April 7: Guest speaker, Mike A., preached at Providence
- April 11: Pastor Scott Davis shared a devotion at the IFRM staff breakfast
- April 16: Pastors Prayer for the City
- April 18: Pro-life Pastors Stanton Healthcare Luncheon at the Hilton Garden Inn
- April 19: Two Good Friday services at First Evangelical Lutheran Church (seven preachers addressing the seven sayings of Jesus on the cross).
- April 20: Water baptism service in the river
- April 21: Ministry in the Bonneville County Jail
- April 26: Upper Valley Pastors Appreciation Banquet at Eagle Rock Baptist Church
- April 30: Warriors for Truth Pastors Fellowship
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are three ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of April, I received $1,050 in monthly support. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
Our oldest boy, Elon, plans on pursuing a G.A. position with Bengal Solutions and starting his MBA at Idaho State University this fall. Hannah has officially completed her junior year at Bob Jones University, while Mariah is wrapping up her first year at the University of Idaho. And Micaiah has been shattering his PR in shot put. We love our kids and pray for God’s work in all of their lives.
- Please for the growth in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus for some of our recent brothers and sisters who have been recently water baptized with the Providence church family.
- Please pray for a good time of fellowship and discipleship in our upcoming IFRM Works Program, May 17-18 camp-out for graduate alumni.
- Pray as I connect with pastors to encourage them. We have launched the East Idaho Pastors Coalition.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Spending time with IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, and counsel, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in our city and the region.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)