Grace and peace to you all,
I am deeply thankful for Christians and church families who are considering to partner with me in being a missionary pastor to those who are low-income, struggling with addictions, and have experienced great loss. My heart is among those who live in the margins of the community.
It has been my joy to be a part of leading small-group, Bible studies in downtown Idaho Falls each morning during the week. Sixteen men have popped in to participate in biblical discussions. And six of the men are regular attenders for being discipled in the words and life of Jesus.
Some quick highlights from the trenches:
- June 3 – Breakfast with the brothers at Berean Baptist Church
- June 8 – An Evangelical/LDS conversation at the Civic Auditorium
- June 10 – A quick stop in at the Community Appreciation Event with New Destiny Ministries
- June 12 – Visiting the Rescue Mission of Salt Lake City, Utah
- June 24 – Seeing the UGM Women’s Shelter in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho
- June 25 – Worshiping with Real Life Ministries in Post Falls, Idaho (a hub for discipleship training)
- June 28 – Jeff Cale, a mission resident: shared his testimony during the Subway free meal on the green belt
- June 29 – Dave Jacobson, a mission resident: trusted in Jesus as Savior in my office
- June 30 – BJU Western Missions Team singing at the City of Refuge during the community meal
- July 2 – My missionary commissioning at Emmaus Road Church on the river
On the home front:
My family enjoyed a nice week away in Northern Idaho. In June 18-23, we biked the 90 miles of the Trail of the Coeur D’Alenes and the Route of the Hiawatha–gorgeous scenery and great family time.
Prayer requests and needs:
- Increase in personal missionary financial support – Starting here in July, I will be receiving $960 from the IFRM pay roll a month. For the rest of my financial support I am looking to the Lord to be supported from churches and individuals. My goal is to eventually be completely off the IFRM’s pay roll and to be fully missionary supported by churches and individuals.
- Small sound system for the Sonshine room in order to better project music and Bible teaching before community meals at the mission
- Basic bike tools so that men in the IFRM works program can repair bicycles
- Need a case of Gospel Transformation ESV Bibles
- Need a case of large, print ESV or NKJV Bibles
- thinking about taking a group of the guys on a weekend gospel mission trip to the homeless tent cities in Salt Lake City
My four main ministry objectives:
- Partner IFRM with local churches
- Disciple IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents
- Provide pastoral prayer, encouragement, counsel, and Biblical preaching and teaching
- Help facilitate discipleship components for the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission and a future gospel-based Recovery Program
Thanks for the prayers. God bless you all.
roots by the river,