Colossians – chapter 1
- Who is writing this letter?
- Who is receiving this letter?
- What are the two typical parts of a greeting by the apostle Paul?
- What are the three words in verses 4 and 5 that you also see in I Corinthians 13:13?
- Who is Epaphras?
- List three petitions that Paul prays for on the behalf of the Christians in Colosse.
- How is Jesus described?
- What did Jesus create?
- Jesus is to be preeminent over what?
- Jesus will present you blameless if indeed you do what?
- What is the goal of Paul’s labor?
- When was this epistle (letter) written? And from where?
- What is an apostle?
- Where is Colosse?
- What is grace?
- Trail Life USA has a motto: “Walk worthy”. What does this expression, “Walk worthy of the Lord,” mean?
- What is redemption? Reconciliation?
- What does “firstborn over all creation” mean? What about “firstborn from the dead”?
- When Paul writes, “I fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ”, what does this mean?
- What is the “mystery”?
- Do you have faith in Christ?
- Do you have a love for Christians?
- Do you have a hope in heaven?
- How can you pray for others?
- What truths in Colossians 1 give you confidence in your relationship with Jesus?
- Is there anything in your life that you consider more important than Jesus? Why?
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
Christ in you, the hope of glory