Greetings to you all,
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this” (Isaiah 9:6-7). Hallelujah! We are looking to the Lord to do great things for His glory during the month of December!
Here are some of the highlights from November:
- November 3: International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
- November 5: “Vision 2020” event planning and prayer
- November 6: Ministry luncheon with eighteen leaders in Idaho Falls–several of the pastors spoke on the topic of worship through music
- November 7: Gideons’ Pastors Appreciation Banquet at the College of Eastern Idaho
- November 11: Upper Valley Pastors’ Breakfast at Ashton Christian Fellowship in Ashton, Idaho
- November 12: Pastors prayer meeting for the city in Idaho Falls
- November 14: IFRM staff breakfast with Pastor James Peterson (Ririe Chapel) sharing a devotion; Pastors prayer meeting for the city in Pocatello
- November 17: Afternoon ministry at the Bonneville County Jail
- November 19: “Vision 2020” event planning and prayer
- November 21: EIPC committee meeting
- November 24: Champs Heart at Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church; late afternoon Providence Potluck and Testimonies
- November 27: Great morning discussion with Pastor Beau Floyd (Emmaus Road Church) in regards to his recent scholarly paper presentation of “Discipleship in Deuteronomy” at the Evangelical Theological Society gathering in San Diego; evening “Night of Thanksgiving” downtown on Thanksgiving Eve at the ministry Hub (65 people)
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are a couple of ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
It was such a blessing to have our daughter, Mariah, home for Thanksgiving break!
- Pray that I might obtain a reliable vehicle with good gas mileage as I travel around eastern Idaho.
- Pray for a safe trip home for our daughter, Hannah, from college in South Carolina during Christmas break. It has been a year since we have seen her.
- Pray for the upcoming Christmas ministry outreach of Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church and Providence Downtown Church.
- Pray for the success of the Bar J Wrangler Christmas Benefit Concert for the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission on December 12.
- Pray for the power of the Spirit in exalting King Jesus in eastern Idaho for the glory of God.
My four current ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a pastor with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission.
- Pulpit supply and pastoral encouragement to the Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church family.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in Idaho Falls and throughout the region through the Eastern Idaho Pastors Coalition (EIPC)
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)