Here are some of the highlights from February:
- February 2: Attended the Clothing & Resource Giveaway at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
- February 3: I began a February sermon series in I Corinthians 13 at Providence Downtown Church.
- February 6: I led a pastors’ luncheon at the City of Refuge downtown. Seventeen ministers were in attendance.
- February 9: This day marked two years for me being a chaplain at the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission. I attended the funeral service of a friend at Grace Falls.
- February 10: I began filling in for pulpit supply at Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church; afternoon Agape Feast at Providence Downtown Church.
- February 14: The Idaho Falls Rescue Mission had a Works Program and Staff breakfast. Pastor Jacob Sonnenberg from Grace Falls was our guest speaker.
- February 15: I supported two different friends teaching in small group Bible studies, one at Lincoln Court Retirement Center and the other in the Sonshine Room of the City of Refuge.
- February 17: I preached in afternoon services at the Bonneville County Jail.
- February 27: Providence Downtown Church begins a “Roots by the River” Bible study and discipleship group that will take place each Wednesday, 4:00 pm, at the Villa Coffeehouse downtown.
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are three ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of February, I received $850 in monthly support. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
We are so grateful and proud of our four kids: Elon is working steadily in lower management at our local hospital and also providing some case management for one of the counseling agencies in town. During March, Hannah’s job will be paying her to spend a week in San Francisco for college recruitment. Mariah is getting straight A’s in her first year at the University of Idaho. Her sorority has enlisted her to be their academic chair. And Micaiah just went to state for wrestling; now he begins a spring season in track.
- This weekend, March 1-3, I have thirteen men in my group who will be attending the Men’s Engage Retreat at Old Faithful Christian Ranch. The theme is “What does it mean to be a disciple of Christ?”
- Please pray for our infant church plant–Providence Downtown. March 10 marks one year for our ministry. It is vital that we have the leading and empowering of the Holy Spirit.
- Please pray for the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission. We are hosting a “Walk In the Cold” event, March 9, that raises awareness on homelessness in our community.
- Pray as I connect with pastors to encourage them.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Discipling IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, and counsel, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in our city and the region.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)