The new year has begun well. We are grateful for God’s mercies that are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness!
Here are some of the highlights from January:
- January 2: Ministry luncheon downtown at the City of Refuge (12 attended)
- January 4: Pastor Warren Cuppy and I attended the funeral service for Phillip Brinton.
- January 6: We water baptized, four men. Praise God for these men making public their profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
- January 9: I began a four-week Wednesday evening Bible study in the book of Jonah.
- January 10: The Idaho Falls Rescue Mission had a Works Program and Staff breakfast. Pastor Ty Orr from Watersprings Church was our guest speaker.
- January 12: I attended the Berean Baptist Men’s Breakfast. Marilyn Peters shared about her recent missionary trip to Central America.
- January 13: I preached in the morning worship service at First Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- January 19: IFRM Works Program Graduation with Gary Hicks! We celebrated!
- January 20: I drove to American Falls and joined in the worship service at Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church. In the afternoon, I preached at the Bonneville County Jail.
- January 24: I enjoyed a pastors’ breakfast with the Upper Valley Pastors’ Fellowship at Zion Lutheran Church in Ashton, Idaho.
- January 26: I attended the memorial service for Gil Langholff, a regional lay preacher and an elder with River of Life Church.
- January 27: I preached in the morning service at Dubois Community Baptist Church in Dubois, Idaho.
- January 29: Afternoon “Warriors for Truth” pastors’ meeting in Idaho Falls.
- January 31: I listened to the testimony of Mike Abriam at Pure Word in the Watersprings Church.
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are three ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of January, I received $1691.67 in monthly support. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
Our two girls, Hannah and Mariah, are back in the swing of the things at college. Hannah recently told us that she is interested in pursuing future graduate studies in medical school. This May, she will be finishing her junior year of nursing school.
- Please pray for our infant church plant–Providence Downtown. March 10 marks one year for our ministry.
- Please pray for the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission to gain a new facility and transform into a fuller, extended live-in recovery program.
- Pray as I connect with pastors to encourage them.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Discipling IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, and counsel, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in our city and the region.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)