We have been enjoying the sweetness of fresh apples, plums, and peaches from the trees. Fall weather is approaching, one of our favorite times of the year. We love the temperatures, the colors, and the harvest. God’s providence is evident everywhere.
By the way, Happy Jewish New Year! Rosh Hashanah!
- August 1: Ministry luncheon at the City of Refuge – great fellowship with seven ministers.
- August 5: I listened to a sermon by my cousin, Pastor Bon Puckett at Well in the Wilderness Church in Christmas Valley, Oregon.
- August 7-8: spent time with Pastor Dennis Rogers and his family in Pullman, Washington
- August 10: Visited Pastor Joe Lacy in Rexburg, Idaho and my sister, Susie, working at The Cocoa Bean in Rexburg, Idaho
- August 19: Afternoon ministry at the Bonneville County Jail
- August 23: Big neighborhood barbecue picnic at Troy Park
- August 25: an 80th birthday celebration for a special lady, Margaret Warner, member of Berean Baptist Church
- August 26: attended the 60th anniversary of Gethsemane Baptist Church, and then drove to an afternoon barbecue at Grace Baptist Church to hear Mark Matthews preach
- August 30: Dinner together for Providence elders and wives in ministry
- Pray for our daughter, Mariah, that she will be blessed with Christian fellowship in her new college environment.
- Pray for me as I preach a Sunday evening series for September on “Our Shepherd and His Providential Care”.
- Pray for my Bible studies every Monday morning with the guys at the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission.
- Pray for the afternoon ministry at the Bonneville County Jail on September 16.
- Pray for a Christian sister at Providence Downtown Church who will be baptized on September 23.
- I have enrolled in a Hebrew class taught by Pastor Beau Floyd of Emmaus Road Church. Pray that I can get a good grasp of the Old Testament biblical language.
- Pray as I seek to launch an 8-week reading group where we read the entire New Testament.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Discipling IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, counsel, Biblical preaching, and teaching, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the local church families.