It has been a spectacular season for water baptisms. Since March, we have had seventeen people follow the Lord in water baptism, buried in the likeness of Christ’s death and raised to newness of life. We celebrate the hope, grace, and peace found in Jesus.
Here are some of the highlights from July:
- July 1: Worshiped with Emmaus Road Church family in the morning; afternoon Providence water baptism service (4 brothers) in the downtown river
- July 6-7: Overnight at Red Cliff Bible Camp in Pinedale, Wyoming; celebrated 26 years of service for Dean Loftus as director of the camp
- July 8: Preached in the morning service at River of Life Church
- July 12: IFRM staff breakfast with Pastor Warren Cuppy teaching the devotion; afternoon visit to the Community Info/Resource Fair to discuss the reducing of inmate recidivism.
- July 13: Charles Hale, a recent brother baptized, took the evening to share his testimony at Providence Downtown Church
- July 22: Worshiped with the Berean Baptist Church family in the morning; afternoon Providence water baptism service (2 sisters, 3 brothers)
- July 29: Preached in the morning service at Eagle Rock Baptist Church
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are three ways: (1) Send the contribution to my home church, Emmaus Road Church, and mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”; (2) Address mission support to Providence Downtown Church in care of my name as well, or (3) You are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of June, I received $1,342 in monthly support. Thank you so much!
On the home front: Our family took a little camping trip to Glacier National Park! Grand and spectacular! We enjoyed the “Trail of the Cedars”, following the river, and hiking to Jackson Lake. It reminded me of one of my favorite phrases, “Roots by the River”.
- Pray for our daughter, Mariah, heading up north to the University of Idaho.
- Pray for the establishment of Providence Downtown Church.
- Pray for the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Discipling IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, counsel, Biblical preaching, and teaching, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the local church families.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)