- Why read the Bible?
- Joshua 1:8
- Matthew 4:4
- John 8:31-32, 6:63, 14:23-24
- Acts 20:32
- Romans 15:4
- II Timothy 3:16-17
- Hebrews 4:12
- What is your Bible Reading Plan?
- Plow work – reading through the Bible once a year
There are several reasons why I like the The NKJV Daily Bible
- If I miss some reading, I just pick it back up on whatever is the calendar day.
- I immensely enjoy the portion from Psalms for worship and prayer.
- I benefit greatly from the wisdom imparted from a few proverbs.
- When I read portions from the Old Testament and New Testament, I see the links that establish unity of God and His redemptive plan.
- Spade work – more concentrated reading and study on a particular topic or book
To avoid ritualistic devotions, know yourself, and know what feeds you best
- How do you read your Bible?
- Consider what time of day that you will read
- Is it helpful to have a pen or highlighter?
- Approach your reading with a prayerful, humble heart
- What are your top three questions that you ask when reading the Bible?
Here are my suggestions:
- How is God revealed?
- How do I need to respond?
- How can I be encouraged in the gospel?