Author: Steven Furtick
Publisher – Multnomah: Colorado Springs, Colorado, 2014
In reading this book, I have come to the conclusion that Steven has a way of writing one liners. Let me provide fifteen quotes from the book:
- My soul sometimes feels like a Twitter feed where I’m following a million of the most annoying people ever, and I can’t find the Unfollow button (3).
- When lies are not confronted, callings are not fulfilled (9).
- The voice you believe will determine the future you experience (12).
- The chatterbox cannot control the thoughts and trajectory of the child of God who faces each day with this attitude: I have nothing to prove, because I am already approved (31).
- One of the main reasons we struggle with insecurity: we’re comparing our behind-the-scenes with everybody else’s highlight reel (34).
- I like to say that doubt is like a telemarketer. The best strategy is never pick up the phone (51).
- Paper beats rock. Rock beats scissors. Scissors beats paper. Dove beats serpent (61).
- So in other words, there is only one kind of fear I can find in the Bible that God endorses: the fear of God (74).
- God whispers because He’s close (111).
- A believer who is equally convinced of these two realities–sin is serious, but Christ is enough–is the Enemy’s worst nightmare (124).
- My joy is not determined by what happens to me, but what Christ is doing in me and through me (170).
- Only God is big enough to fill the gap (177).
- Don’t let what you expected keep you from what God wants you to experience (184).
- A spirit of gratitude can find a blessing within any burden (193).
- No matter the depth of discouragement or discontent, God will always give me a way of escape, called gratitude (196).