God is good. Therefore, we feel compelled to share God’s care with the poor. The Lord loves the poor, possesses unlimited resources, and supernaturally manifests both his love and provision through his servants. He will stretch us and keep on stretching us to believe and trust Him, all for our city’s good and for His unmatched glory.
Here are some of the highlights from February
- February 3: Idaho Falls Rescue Mission Warehouse Sale
- February 4: Preached at Grace Baptist Church in Rexburg, Idaho
- February 4: IFRM Works Program Super Bowl Party at First Evangelical Lutheran Church
- February 7: Seventeen servants of the Lord attended our ministry luncheon at the City of Refuge
- February 8: Pastor Tony Maupin shared a devotion during our IFRM staff breakfast
- February 9: This date marks my one-year anniversary for serving as an IFRM chaplain
- February 11: Preached at Emmaus Road Church
- February 14: Attended the noon Ash service at First Lutheran Church
- February 16: Opened up a new checking account for Providence Downtown Church
- February 17: Officiated in the funeral service for Jimmy Rodriguez at Shilo Foursquare Church (200-250 people in attendance)
- February 18: Preached to 46 men in the Bonneville County Jail
- February 24: Popped in at the Eastern Idaho Worship Night at New Destiny Ministries
- February 25: Attended a celebration service with Pastor Warren Cuppy at Dubois Community Baptist Church
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are three ways: (1) Send the contribution to my home church, Emmaus Road Church, and mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”; option (2) send mission support to Providence Downtown Church, and (3), you are welcome to give directly to me. For the month of February, I received $950 in ongoing monthly support. Thank you so much! May your gifts advance Christ’s kingdom in our midst.
On the home front: On February 6, our family watched pictures of our oldest son’s recent trip to Israel. And then on the 15th, we celebrated his birthday and college graduation. On February 18-20, our youngest daughter made a short visit as a prospective student to Cedarville University. On February 23, our youngest son wrestled on the state level in the Holt Arena in Pocatello.
- The first service for Providence Downtown Church is March 11, 2018. Pray for us. Join us.
- Pray that it would be not our name, our will, and/or our stuff that is important. It must be all about His name, His will, and His Kingdom.
- Please pray that I would experience God’s presence, God’s power, and God’s provision.
My three main ministry objectives:
- Be a servant pastor with Providence Downtown.
- Minister as a chaplain with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission: (1) Encouraging and partnering with local and regional churches, (2) Discipling IFRM staff, volunteers, and residents, and providing pastoral prayer, encouragement, counsel, Biblical preaching, and teaching, and (3) Assisting with discipleship components for the IFRM Work’s Program.
- Be a blessing to the Emmaus Road Church with prayers, counsel, and small group.
Thank you all for taking a moment to read this update.
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary pastor)