This morning with Emmaus Road Church along the river in Idaho Falls . . .
Pastor Beau Floyd taught Deuteronomy 29:1-15. He began the message by asking for the purpose in why God reveals Himself to us, followed by the question over what is revelation.
God reveals Himself in various ways so that we might have relationship with Him. He can show Himself mightily in the signs and wonders or declare His love by taking care of the small needs in our lives, like not letting our clothes wear out. His revelation stretches from the great to the mundane.
Truly, God gives us everything we need. For Israel, He provided victory from enemies. He gave them land where they could build and live with their families. And the list goes on.
Therefore in light of all God’s gracious dealings, the leaders of Israel all the way down to the little ones were to stand in covenant with Yahweh.
In light of today’s message, I renewed my covenant with Jehovah God. Today.
It is for us to share with our kids what God has done. It is time for us to pay attention to the divine details. It is time for us to take up our cross daily and live as the Lord’s disciples.
My questions related to today’s text in Deuteronomy 29:1-15:
- Where is the land of Moab? Horeb?
- What did Israel see in Egypt?
- How many years were the children of Israel in the wilderness?
- Who are Sihon and Og?
- Why are the Manassites only a half-tribe?
- Why is LORD in all capital letters?
- Why did the LORD not give Israel a heart to understand or eyes to see or ears to hear? (v. 4)
- How come Israel did not eat any bread or drink any wine? (v. 6)
- What does it mean to prosper in all that you do? (v. 9)
- Are there multiple covenants? (By the way, I really appreciated Pastor Beau’s discussion on this today.)
- What should be the relationship to the sojourner? (v. 11)
- “Whoever is not here with us today” (v. 15) – who could that be referring to?
- What have you seen with your eyes concerning God’s work in Idaho Falls?
- Who will you share that with this week?
- Are there words of God’s covenant that you have not kept? Where do you need to return to the heart of God?
- How would you describe a daily walking with God in covenant? How do you intentionally seek to do this daily? In a personal way? In community with others?
- How do you include your spouse? Your kids? Those who work with you or for you?
- How is God establishing you and those around you who believe in Jehovah?