Life is boring and frustrating. Welcome to philosophy class 101.
- It is the words of who?
- The Hebrew word, hebel, is referenced how many times in verse 2 alone?
- How is each human generation contrasted with the earth?
- What are three examples from creation that the author uses to point out boring, repetitious patterns in life?
- Why does life feel so empty?
- In the light of eternity, what is mortality?
- “What profit has a man from all his labor in which he toils under the sun?” Would you dare refute this rhetorical question by the Preacher?
- Can a person guarantee getting ahead in life?
- Can anyone really change the course of the world?
- Is there anywhere in life, where you can escape the weariness?
- “Is there anything of which it may be said, ‘See, this is new’?”
- What is frustrating in your life?
- Are you bored by the same old routines and hearing the same old stories?
- Do you wonder how some of your study in school will really help you in life?
- Do you have any friends who are exasperated and ask you, “What is the point?”
- For someone who is a skeptical realist, how would these opening verses appeal to them?
- How do you explain the absurd things that happen everyday in the news?