- Thank the Lord that you have a designated building to be utilized as a ministry tool in the city. The building is a helpful place where the Body of Christ can gather. Thank the Lord if you worship Him in a building that is functional, attractive, and debt-free. Be grateful for God’s gifts as you clean.
- Think of how the apostle Paul compares Christ’s Church to a building. The foundation is fundamental, especially the cornerstone. Meditate on Christ as your foundation and let His Word be your plumb line in the ongoing construction of your life and others in the church. Also, consider the importance of all the unseen plumbing, electrical, and insulation elements within the walls. How would it work if certain components were missing? Remember that all of your unnoticed service is important. And so is the work of others. Be mindful and appreciative of everyone as God’s holy temple.
- It is that time of the year for spring weeding and pruning. By the gospel power through Jesus Christ, put to death those sinful weeds in the heart when they are small. And don’t be alarmed when God prunes. It’s painful and the appearance afterward might appear bleak and bare, but God knows what He is doing so that fruit may grow in abundance to His glory.
- What a wonderful thing it is to beautify a place of worship. The Old Testament testifies to this fact. God Himself is the source of creativity, beauty, and order.
- As you serve together with many hands, take the time to get to know one another better. Share your personal testimonies of being delivered by the gospel of Jesus Christ. Share your burdens. Love one another. Pray for one another.