Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore receive one another, just as Christ also received us, to the glory of God.”
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
Observation Questions (What do you see?)
- How is God described?
- How is God described in relationship to Jesus?
- How is God described in relationship to the Holy Spirit?
- What is requested of God to do for you?
- How are you described?
- What are you to do among one another?
Interpretation Questions (What do you understand?)
- How would you explain the Trinity?
- What does it mean to be “like-minded”?
- What does it mean to “glorify” God?
- What does it mean to “receive one another”?
- What does it mean to “admonish one another”?
Application Questions (How are you to be changed?)
- How important for you is unity among Christians? What are you doing about this?
- How does God’s relationship with you steer your relationship with other brothers and sisters?
- Who is God asking you to receive? Jew or Greek, weak or strong – who are you to roll out the welcome mat for?
- Do you have peace? What do you need to ask God to help you believe? Can you trust Him about the situation?
- Where do you need to regain hope?
- Do you have the confidence to provide spiritual counsel to others?
- Where has the Church in Idaho Falls handed over the responsibility to the “professionals” when it is really your job to minister?