Essentials (Non-negotiable to the essence of my Christian belief)
- The Bible is the sufficient and completely trustworthy Word of God.
- God is triune – one God existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Spirit.
- God created out of nothing, clearly distinguishing between Creator and creatures.
- Man sins, deserves hell, but God lovingly offers full redemption.
- Jesus died in our place, for the penalty of our sins, and three days later rose again from the grave.
- Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- Sanctification is sourced in God’s grace, too.
- The Holy Spirit is our power.
- The family is designed by God. Marriage is between a man and a woman.
- The Church is Christ’s Body.
- We should humbly love one another.
- We should submit to human authorities ordained by God.
- We should take the gospel to the whole world.
- Because we are completely dependent, we must pray about everything.
- Jesus is coming again.
- Jesus is King over all.
- Mildly Dispensational rather than Reformed – I do not see the Church, having begun in the New Testament, as fulfilling the land promises given to national Israel in the Old Testament.
- Young, earth creationist.
- Mildly Calvinistic over Arminian – I do not see belief in (1) God’s gracious election and (2) Christ dying for all, as contradictory.
- Mild cessationist rather than continuist – I do not see the continuation of modern apostles and sign gifts in the same sense as introduced in the book of Acts.
- Complementarian rather than egalitarian roles in family and church.
- Congregationalism – Congregational membership matters with elders leading and deacons serving.
- The gospel is visibly expressed through the ordinances of believer’s water baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- A pre-tribulational, pre-millennial return of Christ.
- I prefer teaching from the New King James Version of the Bible, but I am comfortable with utilizing other Bible translations.
- I prefer expository preaching and small group inductive studies in individual books of the Bible.
- I prefer singing ancient and modern hymns and anthems in public worship, set to traditional instruments, but I listen to quite a variety of Christian songs.
- I prefer the multiplication of smaller, congregational church plants throughout a city.
- I prefer utilizing Idaho’s great outdoors as a means for intentional gospel outreach with others.
- I prefer ministering in the city of Idaho Falls above all the other cities in America. I love its people.