As we head into the month of March, hoping for the early signs of spring, we are counting the days till Easter – Resurrection Sunday in Eastern Idaho! I am thankful for God’s Providence in all the spheres of ministry where I am. I can trace His mighty hand in everything. I thank God for the love of Jesus Christ that is able to touch and transform every one of us; and it doesn’t matter our age, our status, or what we have done in the past.
Here are some of the highlights from February:
- February 5: EIPC Luncheon at the downtown IFRM Men’s Shelter (25 pastors representing 21 different churches)
- February 6: Group study in Revelation at Starbucks with Pastor Mike Ghiglia
- February 8: LCMC Conflict Resolution Workshop
- February 10: Operation Tousaint movie – promoting Operation Underground Railroad nonprofit
- February 11: EIPC Prayer Meeting at the Villa Coffeehouse downtown (8 ministers)
- February 13: IFRM staff breakfast with Pastor Dave Bass (24 people)
- February 16: Afternoon ministry at the Bonneville County Jail; Kirk’s testimony at Providence Downtown Church
- February 18: EIPC Upper Valley Breakfast in Roberts, Idaho (15 people)
- February 24: Vision 2020 Discipleship Training at the College of Eastern Idaho (40 people representing various church and parachurch ministries)
- February 26: Ash Wednesday service at First Evangelical Lutheran Church
- February 28-29: Preached at the Engage 2020 Men’s Retreat at Old Faithful Christian Ranch. Six men attended this retreat, who have either lived in the past or are currently residing at the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission Men’s Shelter.
Would you like to contribute financially on a monthly basis to my missionary work? Here are a couple of ways: (1) Send the contribution to Emmaus Road Church and specifically mark it as “missionary fund for Todd Wood”, or (2) You are welcome to give directly to me. Thank you so much!
On the home front:
Our youngest boy, Micaiah, a senior at Skyline High School, just finished his wrestling career by going to the state competition this past weekend in Boise, Idaho. Now he begins the last sport of his high school career – track. He throws the shot put.
- Please continue to pray for the brothers and sisters of Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church in American Falls and Providence Downtown Church in Idaho Falls. The Providence family now meets for church services on Sundays, 4:00 pm, and Wednesdays, 7:00 pm, at 830 Park Avenue.
- Pray for the men, women, and children who currently live in our shelters of the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission. We are having “A Walk in the Cold” fundraiser on Saturday, March 21. We are working and hoping for a great community turnout.
- Please pray for the Eastern Idaho Pastors Coalition as we seek to glorify Jesus throughout our mission field of Eastern Idaho. EIPC hosts luncheons, breakfasts, prayer meetings, special banquets, and retreats.
- Pray that our daughter Hannah and her friend, Sneh, might be able to land nursing jobs this spring in Idaho Falls.
My four current ministry objectives:
- Be a servant missionary-pastor with Providence Downtown Church that specifically ministers to the incarcerated, the addicted, the homeless, and impoverished. It is a church ministering and bringing mercy to those in the margins.
- Minister as a pastor with the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission.
- Pulpit supply and pastoral encouragement to the Shepherd of the Falls Lutheran Church family in American Falls.
- Be a blessing to the pastors in Idaho Falls and throughout the region through the Eastern Idaho Pastors Coalition (EIPC) and support the upcoming region-wide gospel event, Vision 2020, at the Sandy Downs Arena on Monday, July 20, 2020.
May Jesus reign as King!
roots by the river,
Todd Wood (downtown missionary)